Bryan Phinney wrote:

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 08:11 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

So the ehci-hcd is a controller of the usb hub of some sort ?

I am pretty sure that module is for the USB 2.0 Hub on your machine, same as mine. The uhci and I assume ohci on your machine should both be 1.1 USB hubs.

Scratching around on google this afternoon I found,

UHCI=Universal Host Controller Interface.
http://developer.intel.com/design/USB/UHCI11D.htm
OHCI=Open Host Controller Interface,
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/productinfo/development/openhci.html
for the technically minded.

There seemed nothing specific for ehci-hcd but all discussion seemed to imply
a USB2 controller. I assumed this is a linux term, bu,t
EHCI=Enhanced Host Controller Interface
http://www.intel.com/technology/usb/ehcispec.htm
specification describes the register-level interface for a
Host Controller for the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Revision 2.0

So that seems to confirm it, EHCI is a USB2 controller, so one
assumes both UHCI and OHCI must be USB1 controllers?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]