On Sunday 29 Feb 2004 02:15, J Adam Latham wrote:
> Hi, All ...
>
> Today I had to reinstall my user directory, which I had backed up on a
> disc. But when I unpacked the contents of that backup (which included my
> Mail dir) I was disappointed to discover that my KMail settings
> (identities, networks, filters etc) were not backed up ... Also, any sub
> directories (& their msgs) in my local folders were gone ... (Which means,
> say, the folder Work was still there but not, say, Work -> Bob, Work -
> >Susie, or whatever ... )
>
> I had assumed (naively) that this info was stored either in my Mail dir or
> in some hidden file in my home dir ... Obviously not.
>
> Can someone please let me know where this info is saved, and how I can
> include it in backups so that I don't have to recreate all my settings
> again?
>
> Any/all help is appreciated ...
>
> Best,
> Adam

Your mail settings are stores in ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc
It looks like you did not include hidden files in your backup.

A convenient way to do a backup to CD or ftp/ssh is drakbackup
It is in the drakxtools RPM  (get the latest version of the updates mirror)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org