On Sunday 29 February 2004 11:55 am, Weiers Coetser wrote:
: Hi...
:
: This is my third request for assitance and I've appreciated the input that
: I've received every time.
:
: I don't know if the following scenario is a posible one:
:
: Lets say I've divided my work into four categories. I would like to use one
: of the four KDE desktops for each of these four categories.
:
: At the moment I find that when I place a folder on my desktop it shows up
: on all four the desktops. This gives my desktop a very cluttered feel and I
: don't really see the purpose of having four desktops in this case.
:
: The same is true when I open several programmes. If I opened Open Office
: Writer on Desktop one, I can still see the bar for that document at the
: bottom, even if I am on Desktop two. If I have six or seven documents open
: at the same time, I find it difficult to navigate my way between the
: documents.
:
: Is it possible to change a setting that each of the four desktops function
: almost independently. Eg. I can put all my MP3 files on Desktop 1 and run
: the MP3 Player from there. Then I place all my written documents on desktop
: two, and all my spreadsheets on desktop three.
:
: I hope my question makes sense. If it does not, can somebody please explain
: again why there are four desktops in KDE.
:
: Greetings
: Weiers

Hi ...

Just discovered this myself, so I'm please to have an opportunity to share it!

From the K Menu go to
Configuration - KDE - LookNFeel - Taskbar

Under Taskbar there's a checkbox that reads

Show windows from all desktops

Uncheck that and you will only see the open apps/files/etc for each desktop
you're actually "in" ... (So when you go to your mp3 desktop, then you'll see
your mp3 player, etc, but not the Open Office apps/files ... )

Hope this helps ...

Adam