No, for Mandrake Systems you should ALWAYS use URPMI for installs anyway. Yes, there are Scribus RPMS's (depending on which version MDK) you are running of course).
Go here: http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php
and set up an URPMI source for your version and then from the CLI: urpmi scribus

Scribus is in Main AFAIK.

Cheers

Jason

Keith Powell wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a Mandrake RPM for Scribus anywhere?

Can't find one with Google, only tarballs.

I've spent some hours trying to install a tarball of it, but get my usual screenful of things it can't find and needs. I have almost completely abandoned tarballs, as I can rarely get the things to install. They always stop during ./configure or make with lots and lots of error messages :-(

Many thanks

Keith