On Thursday 04 March 2004 02:05 pm, Mark Kirschner wrote:
> Hi all.  I've an opportunity to pick up a laptop with a wireless network
> adapter (Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card).
>
> I have been unsuccessful with getting this same card to work under
> Mandrake 9.1, and the only help I've come across said to "downgrade" the
> card firmware.  Does anyone know if 9.2 supports this card, or if 10.0 will
> when released?
>
> I'll admit, I've not yet delved into the prospect of researching hardware
> requirements (between health issues, classwork and a job search, I've had
> little time lately for research on the issue).

10.0 supports this card as the airo_mpi driver maintained by Fabrice Bellet
has been merged into the 2.6.3 kernel.  9.2 does not support it out of the
box, but airo_mpi installs easily and works great.

It is required that the card firmware remain at an older version.  I have not
found this to be a problem at all, since I rarely use Windows.  I just make
sure I am using the Windows driver that matches the firmware.  I think it is
5.00.03 of something close.

More info here http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/
--
/g