On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 02:46, DC A wrote:
> Yes I tried 10 but it's taking a long time to load. I donno why thorugh. (I
> tried to auto allocate 20GB for linux and it's taking more than an hour and
> still it's formatting) So I donno whether I'll be able to linux on this
> system. Is there any other linux that support single SATA or any other
> alternative?
>
> Thanks for reply.
> --AR

I'm using Mandrake 9.2 on a SATA drive, but I've never tried booting
from it. I also have a small drive that I have as a boot drive, and from
windows.

I've just downloaded Mandrake 10 and was impressed with the speed it did
download - after I'd changed the upload rate. 2 GB in about 22 hours.

Finally, you'll probably get more responses if you don't upset everyone
- people here tend to get upset if you ignore the long-standing
convention by top-posting.

Paul M