rhein wrote:

Hello,
I did what you said and the computer started but no power indicator... When I go to the config panel I have still the message telling me to install the acpi soft.
I checked again the installation and it is installed.
The lilo config file has the nolapic written in it.
So what did I wrong?
Thanks
Christophe

Marc Resnick wrote:

rhein wrote:

Marc when you say replace 'acpi=ht' by 'nolapic'. Do you want me to replace 'acpi=ht' by 'nolapic' or do you want me to type 'acpi=nolapic'?
Sorry but I'm starting! :-[
Thanks
Christophe
ps: in my config file there are 3 lines with this acpi, I suppose I change all of them?
ps2: What shall I do if the computer is not stating again like last night :-( ?

Marc Resnick wrote:

rhein wrote:

First, download the packages acpi and acpid. Then, go into Control Center and Boot Options. Find your default image, and click modify. In the append line make sure it DOESN'T say 'acpi=off' or 'acpi=ht', and make sure it does say 'nolapic'. Then, reboot, and you should have your battery monitor in the system tray. If it still doesn't want to work, reply and we'll diagnose the problem.

--Marc

No problem Christophe.

Just take out 'acpi=ht' and add 'nolapic'. If you don't add 'nolapic' your laptop will bomb out on boot.

For the config file(lilo, i guess you mean) change all of them, just in case.

If your computer doesn't boot, press esc at the bootscreen, and type nameofbootchoice acpi=off

nameofbootchoice should be whatever choice you normally boot (i.e. linux)

--Marc

Try going to Mandrake Control Center, System, Services. That's what it is in MDK10 at least. Anyway, go to services, and find acpid. Check if 'on boot' is checked off. If not, check it. Then reboot.

--Marc