Hello,
The 2 packages where installed... So I went to the bootloader main options in drakboot and clicked and enabled the enable ACPI (there is also a Force No Apic that I do not know I live it...)
I restart the computer... and it hangs... no solution I reboot... and again until I unchecked the ACPI at start.
So I'm still at the same point...
No battery control.
Is there a way to run on battery and not on beer :-) ?
Thanks
Christophe

Marc Resnick wrote:

rhein wrote:

Hello,
That's now the second time that my notebook shuts down because I'm not able to see the level of my battery. Good thing I didn't have to start all over because I saved my work a few minutes before.
Is there a way to have the battery indicator under MDK 9.2? (by the way I think the battery goes faster then with XP...??)
Also when I'm working the fan is running more often then with XP. Is there something to modify?
Thanks
Christophe
ps: I have a Compaq nx9005

Where there's a will, there's a way.

First, download the packages acpi and acpid. Then, go into Control Center and Boot Options. Find your default image, and click modify. In the append line make sure it DOESN'T say 'acpi=off' or 'acpi=ht', and make sure it does say 'nolapic'. Then, reboot, and you should have your battery monitor in the system tray. If it still doesn't want to work, reply and we'll diagnose the problem.

--Marc