On Tuesday 09 March 2004 07:26 pm, rhein wrote:
->Hello,
->That's now the second time that my notebook shuts down because I'm not
->able to see the level of my battery. Good thing I didn't have to start
->all over because I saved my work a few minutes before.
->Is there a way to have the battery indicator under MDK 9.2? (by the way
->I think the battery goes faster then with XP...??)
->Also when I'm working the fan is running more often then with XP. Is
->there something to modify?
->Thanks
->Christophe
->ps: I have a Compaq nx9005

My Dell Inspiron 1100, running v9.2 and KDE has a small icon in the tray that
shows the battery status (charging), AC plugged in or not, and time
remaining.

I think I had to have acpi and apm running. You can check these under the MCC,
services listing.

KDE then has a power management section where you can set things, for example
where or not it beeps or plays a sound when the battery gets low and then for
it going critical.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord