I sent this originally one week ago but got no response so I'm trying
again

Hi All.

I just completed building an Athlon 64 system and installed Mandrake
9.2. More on that later.

Right now my problem is that KPPP hangs on initializing modem. My modem
does appear in the Mandrake Control Center HardDrake under
Unknown/Others. It is correctly identified as a 3com 56k modem and gives
similar information to that for the modem in this machine. Doing a
"query modem" in KPPP gives me modem modem ready then gives me a list of
ATI ATI 1 through 7. But, unlike this machine, all the fields following
those listings are blank.

Any ideas on what the problem is?? How can I get that machine on line??

TIA

LTR  }}:{(
[EMAIL PROTECTED]