On Friday 12 March 2004 06:51 pm, Langsley T Russell wrote:
> I sent this originally one week ago but got no response so I'm trying
> again
>
> Hi All.
>
> I just completed building an Athlon 64 system and installed Mandrake
> 9.2. More on that later.
>
> Right now my problem is that KPPP hangs on initializing modem. My modem
> does appear in the Mandrake Control Center HardDrake under
> Unknown/Others. It is correctly identified as a 3com 56k modem and gives
> similar information to that for the modem in this machine. Doing a
> "query modem" in KPPP gives me modem modem ready then gives me a list of
> ATI ATI 1 through 7. But, unlike this machine, all the fields following
> those listings are blank.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem is?? How can I get that machine on line??
>
> TIA
>
> LTR  }}:{(
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

May be a Winmodem.  http://start.at/modem     and see if you can find your
modem and chipset.

follow the link from http://www.linmodems.org to the "scanModem tool", which
you can download and install to see if you might have a supported chipset.
If it finds the chip, it will tell you which driver you need.