On Friday 12 March 2004 03:26 pm, Marc Resnick wrote:
> I can't seem to do anything with urpmi anymore on Mandrake 10.
> I'm using RC1, but if I just do a urpmi --auto-select won't it
> update automatically? Anyway, I can't do anything with urpmi,
> including MandrakeUpdate.
>
> Also, where can I get proper mirrors for main and contrib?
> Easyurpmi is no longer updated. Does anyone have any good ones?
>
> --Marc

    Cooker mirrors..... use the cooker, not stable directory
 http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/cookerdevel.php3

    /RPMS/  is main, /RPMS2/ is contribs.   If you previously had
cooker sources installed, you may need to delete and re-install
them. I did, after the mirrors rearranged to allow for the stable
fork.

     I've never used easyurpmi, instead adding sources by pasting
the ftp url (obtained from going to the site with a browser)
ending in RPMS/   EG,
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
onto the CL in the form,

urpmi.addmedia (nickname) (ftp url...RPMS/)
 with ../base/synthesis.hdlist.cz

     Mirrors have been in a terrible state for quite some time,
and still are. So you'll need several sources, and use Software
Media Manager to en/disable them. Sort'a like playin musical
chairs ;)   Here's a rule of thumb guide to mirror status
http://manu.agat.net/mandrake/mirrors_state.html
  "up to date" means the mirror is in sync with the hdlists on it
at the time given in the right column. It can still be there's
files missing to completely update to current. "connect error" is
sometimes false, you can connect to the mirror (and vice versa).
The link is mainly good for checking to see the date and time of
the (synthesis) hdlist.  The time is at the mirror, so allow for
difference to your time zone.

     If your urpmi.cfg doesn't have this at the top of the file
{
  downloader: wget
}
   ... either add it (make sure you have the wget rpm installed),
or use the --wget switch for urpmi.  EG, I use

alias cook='urpmi.update -a -f --wget && urpmi --no-verify-rpm
--wget --auto-select -v'

     If you stick with updating til 10-Official is released,
you'll have a lot of 10-Community bug fixes along the way, and
you'll end up with the final Official release.   There's been
important fixes to kde, drake* tools, some system packages and
other apps since 10-Community was released.  You can check on the
exact updates by checkin the Cooker and CHRPM (Changelog)
archives   http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American