I am now runing kernel 2.4.21-0.13mdk in mdk 9.1 and would like to upgrade to
2.4.21.0.28mdk. Rpmdrake list 5 flavors of the 0.28. under update.

Standard, enterprise, secure,  smp, and source. Since the machine is non-net
wrokstation, I guess I would use

kernel-2.4.21.0.28mdk rpm

What exactly happens if I install this rpm?
Does it preserve my configuration defined during 9.1 install?
Does lilo get updated in such a way to allow booting to old kernel?
Or should I attemp a configure and build from the source rpm according to a
HOWTO?

Thanks,
mike