On Tuesday 16 March 2004 18:46, Charlie M. wrote:
> Bit Torrent seems to download one disk at a time by default anyway HarM. If
> my suspicion is correct and it uses a form of rsync for it's "checking"
> phase you should still save bandwidth by using the suggestions I posted
> above. I'd have to know a lot more about BT before I could say with
> confidence, but it seems likely from observations of torrents for the last
> 5 or 6 releases through Cooker.
>
> Let me know whether I've steered you wrong?

Alas, I won't this time as I've only got about 500Mb left for this month's
quota (Up and Down counts here) which I don't want to overdraw like I did
last month.....I'm sure my ISP's going to say something about that, if I
do(FUP):-p

I tried downloading partially (cancelling the bt download) but I can't get the
partial iso's to mount with or without the "-f" flag.
I was hoping to get the hdlists that way.

Your way looks very nice and I'm sure it'll work...hadn't thought of bt
checking first. It actually isn't very transparent when and how it does that,
is it?

Good luck and thanks for your thoughts,
HarM

--