Hello robin,

I have an audigy 2 LS and can't get it to work on Mandrake 10.0 as well.  I checked mixer settings and volume was on. Soundcard was correctly detected and module loaded. I looked through everywhere and did everything I could but still cannot get it to work. The same soundcard was working fine in Mdk 9.2 but ceased to function in Mdk 10.0 community(clean installation with cd 1-4). I will be very happy if I can get it to work.

Here is my old thread in this mailing list:

Already searched google, all the linux forums I know
as well as Mandrake sites. Not much info. on Mandrake
10.0 Community it seems. I posted my problem on some
forums, still awaiting for replies.

Sound card is detected, module loaded and mixers
turned on...what did I miss? hmmm

I found an old post that suggested "ls -L -l /dev/dsp"
, any idea what does it do? Anyway, when I tried it,
here's what I got:

ls -L -l /dev/dsp
crw-------  1 username audio 14, 3 Jan  1  1970
/dev/dsp

--- Fajar Priyanto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 March 2004 08:59 pm, Mandrake User
> wrote:
> > I have installed aumix and alsa and turned on
> > everything. Even changed the driver to snd-emu10k1
> but
> > still no sound.
> >
> > Any more suggestions, please? Thanks.
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] user]$ aumix -q
> > vol 100, 100
> > bass 50, 50
> > treble 50, 50
> > synth 0, 100
> > pcm 100, 100
> > speaker 100, 100
> > line 77, 77
> > mic 0, 80
> > cd 77, 77
> > line1 0, 77
> > dig1 80, 80
> > phin 0, 0
> > phout 0, 0
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] user]$ /sbin/chkconfig --list alsa
> > alsa            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on
> 4:on
> >  5:on    6:off
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] user]$ /sbin/chkconfig --list
> sound
> > sound           0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on
> 4:on
> >  5:on    6:off

Dobrescu Mihai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have an Audigy Player and it works on ALSA, but it
has a background noise.
Try to check/uncheck the Advanced->ANALOG option in
kmix and increase the sound level! Mine was set on 0.

--- robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> Stephen Reynolds wrote:
> > I can't get sound from my Soundblaster Audigy
> sound card since I
> > installed MDK 10. Anybody else have this problem
> and found a solution?
> >
> > I'm sure others have discussed this problem on
> this list, but I can't
> > find a searchable archive -- is there one?
> >
> Have you checked out
> http://www.linuxlogin.com/linux/emu10k2.php
>
> Sir Robin
>
> --
> "Have you googled yet?"
> "Willow, she's seventeen!" - Buffy the Vampire
> Slayer
>
> Robin Turner
> IDMYO
> Bilkent Univeritesi