On Tuesday 16 March 2004 05:25, Bryan Phinney wrote:

> Well, just for the record, I think that K3B uses dvd+rw tools for writing
> rather than cdrecord.  XCDRoast uses cdrecord, IIRC.  Could have something
> to do with that.  You did mention from your command line that you were
> using growisofs and I am pretty sure that is part of the dvd+rw tools, not
> cdrecord.  DVD-RW can be written with dvd+rw tools or with a patched
> version of cdrecord.  I don't have any DVD-RW media, all of mine is +RW
> media.

Hi Bryan;
     Just to close on this subject.  I'm now able to burn/read/view all DVDs,
to include +RW and -RW, without making any changes.  The only thing I can
think is F.M., and possibly something in one of the cooker updates put things
to rights.  Thanks for the assistance you provided nevertheless.

Glenn

--
16:57:52 up 1 day, 12:38, running Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Community) for
i586, kernel 2.6.3-4mdk

"A child is a person who can't understand why someone would give away a
perfectly good kitten."
-- Doug Larson