On Monday 22 March 2004 08:54 am, Tavazzani Paolo wrote:

> The main problem I have is that if I launch Partition Magic from XP, PM
> shwos for disk 2 with a single partition and says it is a damaged one. I
> suspect some partition overlap but I'm not sure on how to move....

The problem is with Partition Magic, I think that the newer versions may work
better but from previous experience, the older versions don't work well with
certain Linux partitions.

If you really must use a Windows tool for partitions, you might consider
getting Paragon Partition Manager.  It is a superior tool, IMHO, and will
happily copy, format, move, extend all Linux partitions that I have ever run
into including ReiserFS, EXT3, 2, etc.  It also will not report the erroneous
error messages that you are currently seeing.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer