On Mon, 01 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> > Try Sybase... :-) It rocks!!! At the ISP where I work, we are hosting
> > the FIRST authorized electronic check conversion system (authorized
> > by the Feds and by the banking industry!) and it has a HUGE database,
> > and is being run off a couple Sybase servers. :-)
>
> What size servers? expected DB size?
>
> Anyone else tried Sybase?  I'm always interested in fun new things to
> play with.  I'm still waiting for an Oracle 8i CD to show up so I can
> "get smart" before we move to Oracle at work.

Well, we're running 'em on a couple HP LPRs. :-) Oracle
called us awhile back. The price they wanted for the
version of their software to run on the HP LPR machines was
astronomical! :-)
I'm not sure what size servers, all I know is the system is
capable of handling hundreds of database hits per minute.
:-)
        John