Yes, I did a regular install. I'm not sure what an LSB install is, though. It would have been useful if the install package would have pointed this out at the time.

What's the best way to move to 2.6 kernel, after the fact? Through Lilo (which I've never used). Or, could there be unintended consequeces by doing this?

Thanks,
Rory

--------
Greg Meyer wrote:

I would suspect you chose an LSB install, which forces the 2.4 kernel because 2.6 is not LSB compliant yet.