On Friday 02 April 2004 07:06 pm, Rory wrote:
> Yes, I did a regular install.  I'm not sure what an LSB install is,
> though.  It would have been useful if the install package would have
> pointed this out at the time.

The install package does point this out.  I suspect that with all the other
notifications, you may not have noticed.

> What's the best way to move to 2.6 kernel, after the fact?  Through Lilo
> (which I've never used).  Or, could there be unintended consequeces by
> doing this?

You can simply use urpmi to install the kernel, grpmi to install the kernel,
etc.  It adds it as an additional option, it doesn't necessarily replace
anything although the default /boot/vmlinuz links may get replaced to the
newest kernel that you select.  You can still boot back into the 2.4 kernel
until you remove it.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer