On Wednesday 07 Apr 2004 21:58, Klemens Arro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have samba server running, but I can't connect to any other win server's
> neither can they connect to my server.
>
> I have tried to configure it with MCC samba wizard, but it fails when it
> asks for allowed users and I have tried to configure it with SWAT, but I
> cant get it to work. :'(
>
> I added my smb.conf file as attachment.
>
> Thanks!
The trouble with using SWAT is that it replaces the original Mandrake config
file which is heavily annotated and has defaults which work "out of the box".

I suggest you replace your config file with the default you will find
at /usr/share/samba/smb.conf.clean and then start again from there.
Reading the default config file will give you a lot of hints.

Before users can connect to their home directories on your server you must
execute the command
smbpasswd -a user_name
where user_name is a logon name that exits in both windows and Linux
environments. You will be prompted for the *Windows* password of that user
which does not have to be the same as that users Linux password.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org