On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Rick Cawood wrote:

> I can access my shares with smbclient so Samba must be working, but when i try to
>get in with Win98 my password isnt accepted.
> Anyone have any idea whats going on and how to remedy it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard Cawood

Since you haven't given us your smb.conf GLOBAL and HOMES configurations so
we can see how you have your disk shares set up, I'll have to hazard a guess
that the problem is the simplest one--your usernames on your Linux box and on
your Windoze box must match--exactly--ie if your Linux username is rick, your
windoze username must be rick also, not rickc or rick cawood.