Another way is to elect "Expert" when instalation reaches "Summary" and simply edit out that particular entry and worry about it later because you seem to have enough other options toproceed for now.

Enjoy

Frank
On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 00:24, John Richard Smith wrote:
martin brandt wrote:

>After installing a windows boot, i then wanted to reinstall my linux
>bootloader, which i have had to do quite often with the regular reinstallations
>needed by windows ;)
>I loaded from my mdk 9.2 disc and executed the rescue command. This time
>however i got an error. I got:
>
>Added linux *
>Added linux-nonfb
>Added windows
>Added floppy
>Added failsafe
>Fatal:lseek /dev/hda3 : Invalid argument
>
>Now im guessing there is something wrong with my hda3 partition :( what can i
>do?
>
>Thanks

Well it looks to me as you've got an error in one of your lilo.conf stanzas somewhere to do with /dev/hda3 partition which you do not clarify as to it's nature.

Can you reproduce the lilo.conf here to look at ?
and what exactly is your /dev/hda3 partition ?

If you run the same procedure again to consul mode
and type something like,

cat /etc/lilo.conf
it ought to display the file

then you can use the editor vi to correct it if necessary.

John