On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 17:23, Graham Watkins wrote:
> Anyone know how to configure Shorewall so as to enable access to the
> Linux host by the W98 guest?
>
> As things stand, I can only see the host from the guest if I shut
> Shorewall down.

You should be able to "share" the internet connection by enabling
sharing of the internet connection in MCC; I've always NOT used the
suggested bridging IP DHCP server in VMware and just assigned a nice old
static IP with the gateway being that of the host system and then used
IPTABLES to route as ICS would. Works fine for all my virtual machines.

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
XI: If the Earth could be made to rotate twice as fast, managers would
get twice as much done. If the Earth could be made to rotate twenty
times as fast, everyone else would get twice as much done since all the
managers would fly off. XII: It costs a lot to build bad products. XIII:
There are many highly successful businesses in the United States. There
are also many highly paid executives. The policy is not to intermingle
the two. XIV: After the year 2015, there will be no airplane crashes.
There will be no takeoffs either, because electronics will occupy 100
percent of every airplane's weight. XV: The last 10 percent of
performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the
problems. -- Norman Augustine