On Tuesday 13 April 2004 17:51, Andrew Archibald wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 16:05, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 00:39, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > > Well Stephen, how do you view web pages without a browser ?
> >
> > links or lynx
>
> Sorry to be pedantic but just to correct this before it ends up
> in the archives: lynx is a browser! It is text based but no less
> a browser for it!
>
> > > Maybe my old clunker here has become so fast on 10.0 that
> > > some relativistic effects become prominent, such as going
> > > backwards in time ?
> :
> :) Was looking forward to making the move to 10.0! Perhaps it's
> : too
>
> dangerous...

Not at all. This problem is quite peaceful........and I can live
with it, because my system runs at least 30 % faster on 10.0 than
on 9.2.

> Clearly your problems are to do with local caching at some level.
> Strange that you get the same behaviour from all browsers! Which
> have you tried?
>
> A.

Konqueror, Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, Galeon, Lynx and Epiphany. So I
guess it's safe to assume, that it is something outside the
browsers, but what ?

Kaj Haulrich.
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
* running Linux kernel 2.6.4 on Mandrake 10.0 *