John Drouhard wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:47:12 -0400
Marc Resnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm in the process of switching from KDE to Fluxbox because frankly, KDE crashes on me way too much, and it really reminds me of Winblows.

Why Fluxbox? Just wondering, considering XFCE4 is almost as fast, and really has many more features that IMO, make fluxbox almost non-usable. (did that make sense?) Anyway, I have used both and ultimately prefer XFCE4 over Fluxbox.

Anyway, I've got fluxbox up. I don't really want to use Mozilla-Thunderbird anymore, or Firefox for that matter, cause those both are a bit weird on me too.
Here are my questions:

1. Can Pine get POP3 mail? If so, where do you enter the info?

Go with Sylpheed Claws. It's extremely fast, and the CVS has a gtk2 branch that I am using right now. Addressbook doesn't work quite right yet, so if you need that, stick with the GTK 1.2 version.

2. Is there a battery monitor for fluxbox?

There is for XFCE4. ;-)

3. Is there a simple, very stable, browser I can use?

I don't see why you don't like Mozilla Firefox. There's always Galeon and epiphany which look more conventional and still support everything.

4. I can't get gaim to show up in my menus, even with the menu editor.

XFCE4 uses the Mandrake menu so unless you compiled gaim from source, that shouldn't be a problem.

TIA,
Marc

John

I guess I'll try XFCE4 as soon as Mandrake fixes the mirrors. It's not too graphical...right? I'm going through an "against stuff that's way too graphical and makes me feel like a 4 year old" phase." I happen to like a very neat, tidy looking desktop, like I have now on flux

--Marc