Everyone must be sick of posts about 10.0 sound problems, so here's another
one.

I upgraded from 9.1, where all forms of sound worked great, CD, DVD, mp3,
startup and shutdown ... My card is cs4236b.  On 9.1 everything only worked
with driver cs4232 (don't ask me why).

Now on 10.0, the default cs46xx, cs4232 and all other cs drivers, except
cs4236, can not find the sound card.  snd-cs4236 is the only driver that
allows me to run aumix (it is not muted) and kmix.  Nothing works except
ksCD, and somebody wrote that it's because it cabled (but it won't work with
any other dirver).

I did most every thing I read on the newbie list to try to get sound working,
including alsaconf, which always stated that it is configuring cs46xx driver.
I think I have all the alsa modules, including alsa-util.

It is very discouraging when upgrading an OS (I did install with existing
partitions) to have things that use to work, not work!  There has to be
something wrong with linux and sound or mandrake and sound.  It just should
not be this difficult!

When is 11.0 coming out?

Mike