On Saturday 17 April 2004 12:22 am, Rory wrote:
> >Nothing works except  ksCD, and somebody wrote that it's because it cabled
> >(but it won't work with any other dirver).
>
> Ahh, very interesting.  This is *exactly* the same pattern I have.
> Something definitely broke between 9.x and 10.0.
>
> > It is very discouraging when upgrading an OS
>
> Absolutely.  The help of people on these forums has been most impressive,
> though.  I've search MDK Bugzilla and haven't really found a bug filed that
> fits this problem, so it may not be seen by the developers as a priority.
>
> ~Rory

I got SOUND!

I played with mixing and now I have sound.  I ran alsamixer, which gives you a
visual (read only).  It shows red, which usally means distortion, but I had
to put Master Digital in the red (93) and PCM in the red (89) to get things
to work.

While alsamixer was running, I used Kmix to adjust levels (aumix has no
control for Master Digital).
Master Digital is on the Input tab (first control on left)
PCM in on the output tab (first control on the left)
No other controls seemed to have any effect, except CD which controls volume
only when playing a CD.

I now have CD, DVD audio, and MP3 (both totem and xine work fine).

Hope this helps. Let me know.
mike