On Sun, 2 May 2004 22:57:49 -0400
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity: what desktop are you running with 2 MB of video
> RAM?
>
> Shirley not KDE or Guh-nome!

The choice of window manager is irrelevant. It's the video resolution
that determines whether it'll fit. A lightweight window manager at the
same screen resolution as KDE is going to use the same amount of video
memory.

I had an ATI Graphics expression card w/2 megs run in 1152x900x16bpp for
years before I got my current Matrox card (with 16 megs). The OPs
problem was that 2 megs is simply not enough resolution to run 1024x768
at 32bpp.

OTOH, 2 megs was enough for the big iron 370 I first learned programming
on at the local community college. But it was kinda painful.