I've been trying to get through X not working and finally had to do an ftp upgrade from the pub/linux/mandrake/current to reload the packages. Now when I do a "startx" the server attempts to run, then crashes. It recognizes my S3 Trio 3D chipset, but says there is no mode definition for "800 x 600":
SVGA: There is no mode definition named "800 x 600"
SVGA: Removing mode "800 x 600" from list of valid modes
SVGA: There is no mode definition named "600 x 400"

Fatal server error:
No valid modes found.

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send the full server
output, not just the last message.

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

My questions are; 1) How do I send the entire server output and who to?, 2)Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I've done the upgrade thing a few times with no luck. When I try "XF86Setup", it says "XF86Setup: command not found". Did the package not install and is there a way I can check? Or, is this just a problem with the S3 Trio 3D video? The system is an IBM Netfinity 3000 (PII 350, 128 meg, 4 meg video, 9.1 gig SCSI -2) with a custom server install ftp'd from the /linux/current directory.

Sorry for so many questions, but I hope there is a simple answer.

Victor