Hello again, everyone.

I've recently started using gdesklets (v0.26.1), but have so far only
been able to get the SysInfo desklet to work. Whenever I install and try
to run a new desklet, I get two errors (examples from the Calendar desklet):

-----
Could not load sensor 'Calendar'

An error occurred while loading a sensor. This most likely means that
the sensor is broken or simply not installed.

Invalid display file
'/usr/share/gdesklets/Displays/calendar-0.2.5.2/Calendar.display'

The display file contains invalid data and could not be loaded.
-----

I got the same problem early on with SysInfo, but I finally got it to
work. The only trouble is, I moved things into so many different
directories in an effort to get it to work-- and I kept such poor track
of what I was doing --that I can't recall which setup finally worked.
This is my fault, obviously, and I hate to keep bothering you fine folks
with problems related to my own inattention; but anyway... ;)

The main problem is that I can't get a clear and consistent answer for
exactly _where_ desklets ought to be installed in the first place. Some
sites have users install them in their home directories (I get a
flat-out "file does not exist" error when I try this); others mention
setups in the /usr directory tree, but nothing matches my own directory
structure well enough for to guess how to adapt the instructions. Is
there anyone here using Mandrake 9.2 who can pass along the secret of
their gdesklets success?

By the way, I'm using Xfce, so the 'drag-n-drop' solution for GNOME
won't work for me.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated; thanks very much in advance.

Marv
Help in the research to fight devastating diseases like
Huntington's, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's-- donate your computer's
leisure time to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/