Since I`ve updated from 8.2 to 10.0 Official, I cannot connect to the
internet anymore. When I try to connect using KPPP, the modem dials but then
I get the following error message:

pppd daemon died unexpectedly! Exit status 4 (On man pppd, the explanation
is: 4: The kernel does not support PPP, for example, the PPP kernel driver
is not included or cannot be loaded.). Details: unable to open the /dev/ppp
device. You need to create the /dev/ppp device by executing the following
command as root: ^lmknod /dev/ppp c 1808 0

When I do this, I get the message: substitution failed, so I don`t have ppp
in the /dev folder.

I`d be grateful for help. Thanks, Kat