On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:42:17 +0100
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> MD10 CE, USB HUB and Nvida N2 and MCC settings
> ================================
> MCC - Hardware - Hardware - USB controllers -
> shows 6 entries :-
>
> nForce2 USB 1.0 )HCI Controller
> nForce2 USB 1.0 )HCI Controller
> nForce2 USB2.0 Enhanced Controller
> nVidia Corporation bForce2 USB 2.0 EHCI Controller
> USB OHCI Root Hub
> USB OHCI Root Hub
>
> I don't know why two entries appear twice but at any rate all
> aspects of the USB hub and the related NVIDIA nForce > MCP2
> Southbridge USB controller chip seem to show up clearly.

John,
I have an nForce2 MB also with the same USB controllers. And there
are 2 usb ports on rear panel for v1.0 and 2 on the front panel for
either usb v1 and v2 respectively. my printer is usb plugged into
rear panel and working now.

> The first three entires have a tab called "Configure Module"  where
> you are invited to make some entries in the fields provided. The >
> field begins, log2_irq_thresh.................
>
> And it says you can configure each parameter of the module here
>
> Since my MD10 CE USB hub does not work properly, I thought there >
> may be something one can add here to assist the USB hub to work >
> better, I don't suppose anyone has any experience of what may be >
> inserted here ? Any suggestions welcomed.
>
> John
I started with mdk 10 official and had some problems with acpi for
the 2.6.3-7 kernel. lilo.conf was set to acpi=ht & was giving me
irq's that were shared, so I had no sound and no networking eth0.

what kernel are you running ?

can you type $cat /proc/interrupts

I played with kernel-parameters for acpi, which were "acpi=on"
"apic=off" and "nolapic" ... but none of these worked.
so I set "lapic" in lilo.conf to use apic and it gave me sound, and
internet connectivity, but now my problem was my desktop would go
into sleep mode and not return 8(

So I installed Thomas's tmb kernel and set lilo to "lapic" and now
all is working. The change log for this kerenel fixed some nForce2
problems: (from the changeloglist)

Thomas Backlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2.6.5-1.tmb.5mdk

- - iteraid 1.44
- - fix kernel-source include strip for ppc64
- - disable CONFIG_FB_ATY_XL_INIT in ppc
- - misc fixes and addons from 2.6.5-sls9 (Svetljo)
  * support for VIA CLE266 framebuffer
  * support for VIA6410 IDE and VIA6421 SATA
  * acpi 20040426, processor-load, link-tolerant
  * cpufreq 20040419, userspace warning
  * nForce2 ioapic fix
  * nForce2 idle lockups fix

HTH
RickS

Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586
Linux 2.6.5-1.tmb.5mdk-i686-up-4GB i686
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.keyserver.net 0x24AABE61
Success is just a matter of luck, just ask any failure -- Murphy's
Laws on Work n°35