On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 20:56, Lanman wrote:

> While I'm currently drooling all over those specifications, I can't see
> Longhorn being ready to ship for at least 2 years

We've got two years to work on linux and the desktop. LongWhore's
demands are going to be the winning hand for putting linux on more
desktops. People are getting sick of having to
upgrade/update/patch/fix/bandage.

I'm seeing it first hand. Especially with the advent of Sasser.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
The old complaint that mass culture is designed for eleven-year-olds is
of course a shameful canard. The key age has traditionally been more
like fourteen. -- Robert Christgau, "Esquire"