> From: "Johan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 >
 > > On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:40:59 -0700
 > > Erylon Hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > > > I'm interested also.  In 9.2 I get the same boot-up message.  Network
works
 > > > fine, however, so I haven't pursued the problem, if it is one.
 > > >

 > > Same here since on mdk 10..gateway and workstation on static IP..been
on
 > > the net for 36 hrs..no problem.

Thanks to several tips I found my problem.  Turning off 'Network
Hotplugging' in MCC networking fixed it.  One poster mentioned you
could get the same effect by setting MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=no in

    /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.

The clues were in the /var/log/message.  I found this tid-bit in mine:

    network: Setting network parameters:  succeeded
    network: Bringing up loopback interface:  succeeded
    ifplugd(eth0)[681]: ifplugd 0.21b initializing.
    ifplugd(eth0)[681]: Using interface eth0/00:E0:4B:04:3D:17 with
                                     driver <dmfe> (version: 1.36.4)
    ifplugd(eth0)[681]: Failed to detect plug status of eth0
    ifplugd(eth0)[681]: Executing '/etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action eth0 up'.
    dhclient: DHCPOFFER from 192.168.0.23
    dhclient: DHCPACK from 192.168.0.23
    ifplugd(eth0)[681]: client: Determining IP information for eth0... done.
    ifplugd(eth0)[681]: Program executed successfully.
    ifplugd(eth0)[681]: Exiting.
    network: Bringing up interface eth0:  failed

It looks like 'ifplugd' can't see the link so a failure is noted, even
though the 'ifup eth0' worked.

Cheers...David