> > Thanks to several tips I found my problem.  Turning off 'Network
> > Hotplugging' in MCC networking fixed it.  One poster mentioned you
> > could get the same effect by setting MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=no in
> >
> >     /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.
> >
> I have a similar message in /var/log/messages.  But, what is "Network
> Hotplugging" and where is it located?  I can't find any reference to this
in
> MCC (I'm on 9.2, remember).

I have installed Linux for the first time and Mdk10 official is the only
version I have ever seen.  So, I have never seen any other version.

For 10 you pick Configure Computer/Network & Internet/Manage connections.

At this point a dialog about eth0 is displayed.  You can change the IP
address, DHCP, etc.  There is a tab 'Options' and it has a check box
labeled 'Network Hotplugging'.  I had to uncheck it to fix my problem.

Another use told me you can get the same effect by editing

and adding/modifing these line

    ONBOOT=yes
    MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=yes

I have no idea what those lines mean or if they work.

HTH...David