-------------------
On Sunday 23 May 2004 00:56, Erylon Hines wrote:

| To keep this on topic, Opera 7.5 is an excellent browser with a very
| attractive interface.  The Opera folks did a good job and deserve the
| praise.

Absolutely right - my point is that I like each job to be done by a separate
app. If you're using one app to act as browser, email client and newsreader
(not to mention HTML editor, address book etc) then it's harder to adopt
newer, better single-function apps when they become available. In other
words, if a whizzy new browser comes along, you either have to find new
clients to do all the other functions that you were doing with your old
browser, or carry on using it accepting that you're carrying deadweight.

I like Opera a lot, but I wish they'd produce a 'lite' version which was just
a browser, the way Mozilla has done with Firebird/Firefox. That said (and
talking about deadweight) I have Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, Firebird and
Firefox installed on this machine, because I use them all to check the web
sites I create!