On Sat, 22 May 2004 13:36:27 -0400, Lyvim Xaphir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Would you do me a flavor? In the interests of Science? To test this
theory of mine, that this is perhaps germane to the video card itself,
would you turn on system bios shadowing, but leave video shadowing off,
and see if your system remains stable. I'm curious.

LX

P.P.S Have you flashed your mainboard to the latest bios available for
it from Asus.

Okay, today I turned BIOS shadowing on and left the Video Shadowing off.

And yes, I got 2 more BIOS upgrades and tried them out. With Video Shadowing on, they made no difference. I still had an unstable Mandrake system. So I went back to the 1998 version of the Award BIOS that came with my motherboard. I won't be changing BIOSes for this test.

The Other