-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aidan Holmes
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Virus scanner for linux (no I havenn't lost my mind)

Does anybody out there know of/use/recommend a virus scanning package
for linux? I'm hoping to use one to scan clients hard drives without
having to leave mandrake and boot into Winblows XP.

I use a removeable HDD bay for this purpose as often once the virus is
in place, I cannot install antivirus on their computers. So, at present
I'm booting into Windows XP (sorry for swearing!) and using my copy of
Norton System Works to knock the virus on the head first.

I would dearly love to use Mandrake for this because at present it
involves two reboots: One into windows to update my own virus
definitions and check for any more winblows patches to protect my own
system. And the second to insert the clients HDD (non hot pluggable ide
bay) and scan the bloody thing.

-Aidan.