-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen Kuhn
Sent: May 28, 2004 3:09 PM
To: Mandrake Newbie
Subject: RE: [newbie] Windows type domain with Mandrake 10

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 03:53, Yves Arsenault wrote:
> Thank you very much Stephen.
>
> The adventure begins.
>
> :-)
>
> YVes

Yves, I think you'll have fun once you realise how simple it really is;
Samba is truly a saviour in as much as it can not only emulate an NT domain
but control one better than Windows can. And the speed is awesome.
Simplicity is key here - and I do advise that you get to know Webmin and
SWAT well - they're your GUI friends - and if you look closely enough at the
example configuration, it ain't really all that hard to figure out (and you
can make changes on the fly without a reboot).

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com