On Tuesday 18 May 2004 06:03 am, Richard Urwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 May 2004 4:13 am, David B. Williams wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I get the terminal from the task bar on Xfce4 to
> > start in a particular directory?
> > I have looked at all of the "stuff" in the .Xfce4 directory and
> > nothing seems to have anything to do with the terminal start point.
> > By-the-way, I am using /usr/X11R6/bin/rxvt and have checked in that
> > directory for the config info and haven't found anything that seems
> > to correlate to what directory that rxvt starts in.
> > And, I am using rxvt because whatever xfce4 defaults to - couldn't be
> > found when I installed xfce4.
>
> man rxvt and man bash to find a command-line option that does what you
> want. Then change the command line that XFCE4 uses to invoke it.
> (right-click, properties)
>
> Having said that, I can't see any really good way to do what you want.
> The only way I can see is to specify a specific .bashrc file for bash.
>
> rxvt -e /bin/bash --rcfile myrcfile
>
> Where myrcfile contains:
>    source ~/.bashrc
>    cd mydirectory
>
> Note: I haven't tested this.

This ended up being a simple script error.
I changed to the seti directory to start seti and then run xsessions.
 In KDE, this didn't seem to affect anything,
In XFCE4, it left everything starting in the seti directory.
THanks for the help.
DBW

--

 ( )_( )
 ( 0 0 )

Never argue with an idiot.

They drag you to their level and then beat you with experience.