(I tried posting to expert, but it hasn't shown up.)

I'm trying to assist a new convert to Mandrake get his sound card up and
running. It's a Mad16 thing, and as such one has to use sndconfig to get
the card to work (ISA). In fact, I used to have one of these cards a few
years ago, and it really was a no brainer to get up and running with
(then) Mandrake 7.2 (ca. 10/2001). But on his 10CE box, we've hit a
snag. Echo Echo Echo... yes, all sounds out of the card are echoing.

Any suggestions?

thh aaaa aaaa nnnnn kkkk yyyy ooo uuu :)