Lee Wiggers wrote:
I'm stuck using oo in the office because I got everyone else started
on it.  Hoisted on my own somethingorother.

OO 1.1.0 on mdk 9.2

Only on 'my' oo installation, the default save format is .doc.  I
can't change it in the "options" menu, although I can change to .sxw
at the time of a save.

I changed Netscape Navigator to HTML 3.2 in another section of
"options"just to change something and the change worked.

Still couldn't get rid of the .doc save, though.

Any ideas?  (Going to the oo list is not an option.  It's up to
you.)

I would suspect foul play if anyone here were savvy enough.  Am I to
be subjected to a lifetime of .doc clutter in my hd? <sigh>

The answer is probably hidden somewhere in ~/.openoffice. Rather than spending hours hunting through the config files, though, it's proabbly easier to back up anything in there you need (macros, templates, autotext etc.) and delete the whole lot, so you when you next run OO, it will give you a brand new configuration directory with the standard settings.

Sir Robin

--
"I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art."
Dawn - BtVS

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi