On Thursday 03 June 2004 14:18, Lee Wiggers wrote:

<snip>
> This gets better.
>
> I tried everything suggested.  Still the same default save to
> .doc
>
> Then I urpme'ed the whole oo, libs and all.
>
> Then I urpmi'ed them.
>
> File association is .sxw.
> New installation of oo
> Same problem.
>
> Still insists on starting with .doc save default.
>
> It's not a real problem.  I can save .sxw.  Just don't like the
> machine winning.
>
> It's sure not worth subscribing to the wincentric oo lists.
> They're more aggravating than their program (barely).
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
</snip>

Recently, I had some problems (spellcheck in Danish) with the
default installation of OpenOffice.org 1.1 that comes with Mandrake
as a .rpm.

I urpme'ed it and installed the newer version 1.1.1 from
www.openoffice.org. Not only did it solve my problem, it starts and
runs faster.

Just my 0.02 ¤

Kaj Haulrich.

--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
       * http://www.haulrich.net *