On Friday 04 June 2004 09:08, Lee Wiggers wrote:

<snip>
> When I change mine to OpenOffice.org 1.0, it stays that way for
> that session, but when I close oo, then open a new session, the
> default is again "Microsoft Word".
>
> My solution is to keep the darn program on it's own desktop for
> my work, but I've had to work on behavior modification somewhat
> (no easy task for this hardhead) to either avoid opening oo with
> a click on a file  or change the default after the new session is
> open.
>
> Like I said earlier, it's not a major issue.  Just an annoyance,
> but the list was quiet and I thought maybe an answer would pop
> up.
>
> Thanks Robin and Kaj and others for your input.
</snip>

Hmm.... not much help so far. Only thing I can think of is a
permission issue : are you sure that the program can write to its
configuration files ? - I remember having this problem in an
earlier version of OO - or was it Star Office ?. Try checking the
ownership and write-permissions in the OO directory.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
       * http://www.haulrich.net *