On Thursday 10 June 2004 12:22 pm, Curt wrote:

>       No hardware was shifted - I'm dual booting with windows and haven't
> had any problem going back and forth - then all of a sudden I can't
> get into Linux.

Must be me getting your post mixed up with another one or misremembering it.
If the boot partition is suddenly gone, either something traumatic has
happened, ala bad hard drive, or something was done to make the boot up
process stop working, ala Windows.  You didn't "fix" any errors with a
windows tool or make any partition changes from within windows did you?

>       I've burned many .iso images to a CD - this file was listed in the
> tree where I got it as an .iso but after downloading, when I went to
> find the image with CD creator, it didn't show at all. When I looked
> at the properties  of the file, it showed as RIP-7.9.iso.bin and the
> file type as BIN. Renaming it changed name but still showed the
> file type BIN.

Assuming that you were trying to make this change in Windows (2000, XP,
perhaps earlier versions), would explain it.  Windows, by default, hides the
file extension of known types of files so that you can't just simply rename
the file from within explorer.  You either need to change the default
explorer view settings to show known file extensions or you need to open up a
command prompt and rename the file from there.

Start, Run, cmd

CD to the directory with the file and then ' rename "????.iso.bin" "????.iso"
'
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer