On Friday 11 June 2004 06:57 am, Jason Wilson wrote:
| J Adam Latham wrote:
| >Dear All:
| >
| >Whenever I send a message with KMail it delivers the message in a wierd
| > and ugly format ... What it does is print a sentence of the message on
| > one line, then on the next line it only prints a word, then a sentence,
| > then a word ... (This message, I'm sure, is doing the same thing!)  Yet
| > my messages while typed, and in my Sent folder, look just fine ... But
| > the receiver's copy is always a formatting disaster ...
| >
| >At first I thought it might be something related to word-wrap, but it's
| > set at 78, so that should be fine ... I tried reducing it to 70 but still
| > got the same results ... I didn't notice anything else in the Configure
| > KMail options to remedy this ...
| >
| >Any/all suggestions as to how to fix this will be greatly appreciated!
| >
| >Thanks,
| >Adam
| >

| >------------------------------------------------------------------------
| >
| >____________________________________________________
| >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
| >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
| >Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com
| >____________________________________________________
|
| I don't know exactly how to fix this but just so you know, your message
| came out fine.  At least on my machine.
|
| Jason

Looks fine in my Kmail.  I would suspect that your receiver has something
unusual going on.
If you are really concerned that the problem is a setting on your end
(defaults should be perfectly fine and all e-mail programs, including Outlook
and OE should show proper formatting) you can always backup (be sure to
export your address book to a file so that you won't lose it!) and then
delete your /home/username/.kde    (the .kde is hidden--you need to check
"show hidden files" under the View section of the toolbar in Konq).  This
will destroy all of your .kde user configuration files, including Kmail, and
you will need to re-configure it from scratch the next time you open kde and
then Kmail.  I've had Kmail mess up a couple of times over the years, and
have been forced to do this, but it is a last resort.
One test is to create a new User, then make a Kmail account for the User and
configure your smtp and POP3, leaving all other settings at the default.
Send a message as your new User, and see if the problem persists.  If it
does, it is probably the receiver's mail program.  If everything is
hunky-dory with the new User, it is your user settings or a problem in your
.kde.  Try making your user settings the same as your new User first, then
move to the last resort.

e.