On Thursday 24 June 2004 16:16, Job Evers wrote:
> I was just given an old computer that uses SCSI drives.  I have
> never worked with SCSI before.  When I boot it up it goes through
> the BIOS and then a black screen with:
>
> BusLogic              Bios Version 4.96I
> Intelligent Bus Master SCSI Host Adapter
> (C) 1995                    BusLogic INC
>
> And then it just sits there.
>
> Any advice would be lovely.
>
> Cheers,

Can't help you here, but it reminds me of the good, old days when
installing linux (around 7.0). Immidiately after the boot, the
system asked : do you have any scsi devices ? - Since that question
has disappeared in later versions, I guess the kernels should
recognize scsi devices automatically ? - Or maybe you should try a
contemporary kernel - I think 2.2 is still floating around out
there.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
* Sent from a 100 % Microsoft-free computer *
       * http://www.haulrich.net *