Job Evers wrote:

I was just given an old computer that uses SCSI drives.  I have never
worked with SCSI before.  When I boot it up it goes through the BIOS
and then a black screen with:

BusLogic              Bios Version 4.96I Intelligent Bus Master SCSI
Host Adapter (C) 1995                    BusLogic INC

And then it just sits there.

Any advice would be lovely.

Cheers,

If your hardware is working correctly, it is normally scanning the SCSI
bus at this point, to see what is connected. (The controller board has its own BIOS that is running.) I am not sure of the exact sequence of this controller, but if it just sits there, I would suspect that your SCSI drive are not terminated properly, or they are addressed wrong. Let it sit at that point for about 5 minutes, and see what it comes back with, if anything. More information on the hardware would also help. (Number and type of drives. Internal and/or external drives, ect.)

Mikkel