JoeHill wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:49:59 -0700
Amy disseminated the following:

No flashing or offensively bold text, but I figured it was enough to point
out which distribution you were voting for. Sorry if you felt misled, for whatever reason...

You know, I could get offended that you're implying I'm stupid because you assume I haven't been reading the posting. Just because I didn't send off a post right away when I read the first message in the thread doesn't mean I didn't read that one before all the other posting happened on the list.

I has assumed that maybe I'd done something wrong, because I had thought that this list was safe and friendly and therefore I didn't have to watch out for underhanded idiots who'd drop links that aren't what they say they are.

I suppose that makes me the idiot to try to make sure I hadn't done something stupid before crying foul on someone who's posted to a list I'd otherwise gotten a good impression of? And it makes me an idiot because I couldn't read the messages that hadn't been posted yet at the time I read the first message?

...take a deeeeeeep breath. He was *apologizing*.

Sheesh.

I'm sorry if I misread the tone of his whole response, but then I'm used to people who use heavy sarcasm and often when an apology like that follows directly after a correction which is phrased in such a manner as to includes phrases like "...if you're intelligent enough to..." the apology is usually a very sarcastic one and means absolutely nothing.

So that's how his response read to me. Perhaps I've just been corrupted by too much sarcasm, and if that's the case then I'm in the wrong, and for that I'll apologize.